We are able to advise on and deliver the full range of contraceptive services including
- Contracecptive Implants – insertion and removal
- Intra uterine contraceptive devices – Copper and Mirena coils
- Contraceptive injection
- Oral Contraception – combined and Progesterone only pills
- Contraceptive rings and patches
This useful video from NHS choices outlines all of the options
Screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
We are able to screen and arrange treatment for a range of conditions
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea- swab or urine sample
- Trichomonas – swab
- Genital warts
- Genital herpes
- Hepatitis B and C – blood test
- HIV – blood test
- Syphilis – bloood test
- Candida (Thrush)
- Bacterial vaginosis
All women aged between 25 and 64 are invited for cervical screening. Women aged between 25 and 49 are invited for testing every three years, and women aged between 50 and 64 are invited every five years.
Being screened regularly means that any abnormal changes in the cells of the cervix can be identified at an early stage and, if necessary, treated to stop cancer developing.
Sexual Health Liverpool. Advice, support, and alternative local services.
Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre for Women in MerseysideHelpline: 0151 666 1392
Safe place Merseyside